VICE PRESIDENT, ROTC PROGRAMS
Mr. Michael Mclendon
Oversee, facilitate and advocate ROCKS activities as they relate to U.S. Army Cadet Command. Provide support to Chapters, Interest Groups and individuals seeking information and other assistance in the furtherance of ROTC-related activities.
Support activities led by other ROCKS National Board Members that impact on ROTC programs. Promote, coordinate, and execute The National Board of the ROCKS, Inc. BG Roscoe C. Cartwright & LTG Edward Honor Award/Scholarship; ROTC Leadership Outreach Program; support the recruiting efforts of the 3 & 4-Year United States Army Cadet Command Army ROTC Scholarship; and serve as the overall ROCKS' principal point of contact with the U.S. Army Cadet Command.
Goals and Areas of Focus for 2020-2021:
* Support all ROCKS, Inc. goals and objectives
* Strengthen quality and input numbers to U.S. Army Cadet Command's National Scholarship Program & The Board of the National ROCKS, Inc. Scholarship Program
-Gain increased support for the 3 & 4 Year national ROTC Program
-Execute The National Board of the ROCKS Inc. BG Cartwright & LTG Edward Honor Board & Awards
-Facilitate virtual Scholarship Education opportunities to local ROCKS Inc. Chapters and Interest Groups
* Develop and maintain a strong relationship with U.S. Army Cadet Command
* Build a VP (ROTC Programs) Team from available volunteers
* Prepare a written SOP for the ROCKS ROTC Programs
* Prepare a written SOP for the ROCKS Scholarship Programs
* Invigorate the ROTC Leadership Outreach Program
* Over time, develop a role model program with a focus on high school age young men and women
Submit 2021 BG Cartwright Scholarship, or LTG Edward Honor Scholarship Applications by email to email@example.com, NLT Monday, 21 December 2020.
Army ROTC National Scholarship Board dates for the School Year 2021-2022:
* Review Board 1 - 19-23 October 2020
* Review Board 2 - 25-29 January 2021
* Review Board 3 - 15-19 March 2021