VICE PRESIDENT, FINANCE
Eric P. Flowers, USA, COL (R)
As your Vice President, Finance, I provide leadership and oversight of the organization’s fiscal planning and resource management functions to ensure financial transactions and reporting conforms to generally accepted accounting principles.
My responsibilities entail the following:
- Developing and enforcing fiscal policies that preserve the organization's tax-exempt status;
- Directing and coordinating financial planning and budgetary management functions;-
- Monitoring and analyzing monthly financial activity against budget forecasts to identify beneficial and/or problematic trends affecting the fiscal health of the organization; -
- Overseeing daily operations of the organization’s finance and accounting activities by approving various organizational expenses;--
- Managing the preparation and dissemination of all financial reports;
- Guiding the preparation of financial forecasts for the organization;-
- Ensuring the organization complies with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements;
- Leading the National Board in the development of an annual budget based on zero-based budgeting concepts and measurable end states;
- Assisting in establishing the organization’s short and long-range financial goals, objectives, policies, and fiscal operating procedures;
- Coordinating the execution of required financial audits and the implementation of audit-generated recommendations to exhibit proper fiduciary responsibilities, and;
- Providing chapters and interest groups assistance with the establishment of sound fiscal tactics, techniques and procedures.
With those responsibilities, I pursue the following goals for 2019:
- Increase the organization’s financial transparency
- Participate in at least twelve (12) Chapter Assistance Visits
- Ensure that all Chapters attain and/or retain their respective 501(c)(3) statuses
- Help Chapters establish fiscal policies that enable scholarship giving and efficient and effective fund-raising strategies
- Respond to requests for assistance within 25 hours
- Help as many people/Chapters as possible to reach their fiscal management potential!
For the Good!